Food Safety First Principles for Food Handlers ANSI-ASTM E2659-09 Program CERTIFICATE PROGRAM AGREEMENT FOR APPROVED PROGRAM PROVIDERS
I, the undersigned Approved Program Provider of the Food Safety First Principles for Food Handlers course and assessment, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following (check each box after reading):
I Further Acknowledge or Confirm and Agree:
- I will possess and maintain a valid Food Safety Manager Certification from an accredited provider such as National
Registry of Food Safety Professionals.
- As an Approved Program Provider, I am a representative of NRFSP and I am responsible for overseeing all aspects of the
course and assessment. This includes providing each candidate with an equal opportunity to take the course and pass the assessment by applying the general principles of fairness and equality relative to a Candidate's age, gender, race, religion, ethnic origin, disabilities, or marital status.
- I will provide adequate facilities and staffing to administer the program.
- I will check each candidate for valid government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license, passport, or
- Prior to distributing the Food Safety First Principles for Food Handlers book to the candidate, I will remove the back
cover (which contains the Certificate of Completion that would be issued to the candidate upon the successful
completion of the course and assessment).
- I will maintain practices consistent with these guidelines provided by NRFSP which are pursuant to ASTM International
E2659-09, "Standard Practice for Certificate Programs."
- I will communicate information related to program procedures and rules to candidates before the start of the course
- I will comply with all local, state and federal regulations.
- I will provide special accommodations for candidates who claim the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- I will teach the Food Safety First Principles for Food Handlers curriculum, understanding that I can go beyond the
contents but that I must cover the Learning Objectives of all chapters.
- I will submit the Candidate Score Form and Feedback Form electronically (via email) to NRFSP after each course and
- I will submit to unannounced visits by NRFSP.
- I will return any unused certificates from any candidates who fail the assessment.
- I will ensure proper representation of my affiliation with NRFSP through my use of its logo, website, brochures, and advertising communication (logo use license agreement available upon request).
- I will remain in good financial standing with NRFSP.
- I will safeguard the privacy of candidates by holding in confidence and in a secure manner the information obtained
in the course of certificate activities. I will ensure using secure fax and email procedures and shred any documentation once finished with it. I will store all original documents in a secure area. I shall not disclose confidential information to a third party except when mandated by law. In those cases, I will notify the candidate(s) about the information provided.